|The PiezoWave2 is a new technology that offers medical professionals an easy-to-use,
effective, non-invasive, adjunctive treatment for musculoskeletal pain that helps
patients return to normal daily activities. Improved patient wellness contributes to the
growth of your patient base and your reputation as an informed provider of effective
Info for Medical Service Providers:
Mechanical stimuli affect almost all cellular functions of living tissue such as growth, cell differentiation, cell migration, protein synthesis, physiological apoptosis and tissue necrosis. The acoustic waves generated by the PiezoWave2 converge at a point deep within the soft tissue to produce an intense, extremely short duration compression burst. The focused acoustic compression force is translated to the surrounding tissue like an extremely precise deep tissue massage. The precise tageting of tissue with Acoustic Compression provides healthcare professionals with a tool to positively influence cellular form and function, which can result in pain relief, improved circulation and remodeling of the tissue.
Acoustic Compression Therapy initially diminishes pain through what is known as hyperstimulation anesthesia. This is where the nerves sending signals of pain to the brain are stimulated so much that their activity diminishes, thereby decreasing or eliminating pain. This effect is usually temporary.
Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy is also believed to diminish pain over longer periods of time through the stimulation of what is known as the "gate-control" mechanism, where nerves can be stimulated to "close the gate" to pain impulses sent to the brain. It is sometimes thought of as activating a sort of "reset" button that recalibrates pain perception.
Advantages of the Richard Wolf PiezoWave2:
- Deep variable penetration from 1 - 30 mm
- Treatment with a pulse frequency up to 8 Hz
- Unparalelled control over energy delivery, treatment depth and treatment location
- Broad range of applications
- Individualized therapy options
- Long working life – extremely economical
- Transportable TPST system
The heart of the PiezoWave2 from Richard Wolf is the ergonomic, myofascial therapy source. The device is controlled from the top panel of the multifunction operator control and display unit. All the device parameters can be set and monitored with precision. The controlled application of energy with 20 intensity levels makes treatment tolerable and effective. The PiezoWave2 is designed to be easy to use and reduce therapist fatigue.
The F7 G3 focused therapy source provides a unique capabilty. The various treatment heads can be used to target specific trigger points of various depths from 1 - 30 mm.
The PiezoWave2 provides effective treatment of many myofacial pain indications, including trigger point massage therapy. The total energy delivered by a PiezoWave2 treatment is a function of the therapy source used, the intensity level selected and the number of pulses per second. The time required to accomplish a treatment is directly related to the pulse rate which can be controlled precisely from 1 to 8 pulses per second.
The treatment is gentle on the surface of the skin, no mechanical vibration, no skin irritation, no bruising. The piezo technology allows an optimum therapy area with excellent ergonomics, improved user comfort and reduced fatigue.
^Click graphic to download brochure
Clinical Papers and Studies
MyACT vs. Other Therapies
HC Wang Mechanics Rule Cell Biology (pdf)
MyACT Treats the following areas:
- Tennis/golfer's elbow
- Foot and heel pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip, knee and other leg discomforts
- Pain related to repetitive stress activities
- Adhesions and other soft tissue strains
- Trigger point therapy
- Chronic pain in transitional regions between tendons and muscles
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, back and buttocks region
- Support in your efforts to gain patients with poster material, patient information, system instruction, studies and press information
PiezoWave2 Features and Benefits
Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy (MyACT) A sound approach to treating acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain that compliments chiropractic adjustment.
- MyACT improves range of motion making adjustment easier
- Improved circulation alleviates pain and muscle tightness, and promotes healing
- MyACT helps your patients return to more normal daily activities
- Patient satisfaction influences referrals and your reputation as a provider of effective therapies